<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/9010646121834419174?origin\x3dhttp://melodymeiledi.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>



Y Monday, April 16, 2007 Y

Once I landed on Shanghai Pu Dong International Airport, it was not foreign. I had been to Shanghai last year for vacation. Places of attractions like Suzhou and Hangzhou were viewed. Having to work here for a period of 3 weeks, I got used to the lifestyle and routine. Counting down, a couple of months left before I end this “evil” job. Right from the beginning, I feel that I have been doing many negative things that betray my own conscience. I was feeling guilty and afraid that it will be part of me to lie. My character, attitude, personality could changed due to the bad things I had cultivated here. Terrified is the word. After listening to siew wai, who advised me to keep reminding myself that to lie, is just part of my work and don’t let it rule me, its easier to said than done. However, I will bear that in mind. Work is also piling up as I had agreed to finish my task by end of Oct. Take a step at a time ba…

5 worst case scenarios that I found unpleasant in Shanghai so far… first, smoke. Almost every single living soul on the streets is smoking to their heart’s content. Be it male or female, they kept puffing and puffing away. I know that everything in SH is cheap, you need not puff like 3 packets a day rite??!! Damn! I am very delighted that SG banned smoking in pubs, coffee shops, bus stops etc. Good job! =D The air is so much cleaner and fresh. Here, even at air-conditioned restaurants or malls, they are allowed to smoke. WAT THE HECK!

Second, they don’t have basic manners. When you pay to the people here, they dun return the money to your hands. They just threw it on the table or some where but not on your hands even though you raised your hands, ready to collect the money. They dun have the courtesy to return the charge nicely. WAT THE HECK!

Third, squeeze like nobody’s business. If there’s a queue or when you are about to enter the train, the people will ALWAYS push, shoulder rub or squeeze you aside. Worst case scenario, I realize that when one stand patiently on the yellow lines at the train platform, once the train arrives, the people will just squeeze their way into the cabin without letting the passengers come out. Dun these people have common sense?! You keep wanting to get in, how about the people who wants to get out? I doubt there is this kindness in them: think of others before self. NEVER!

Four, local food. Cannot deny that the food here is super cheap!!! Give u guys some examples… a dish (宫保鸡丁) + rice = RMB $7, SG $1.40. They called it 盖交饭. It is like our “菜饭”, at the range of RMB $6~10, SG $1.20~2.00. I like this 菜肉大馄饨 & 蒸饺子, 10 pcs per serving, price of RMB $3, SG $0.60. Another is 生煎, 4 pcs per serving, price of RMB $1.50, SG $0.30. All this are the 小吃. However, here comes the cons that I dun favor even good food is under my nose. The locals like oily and salty food. They amount of oil is like the amount of gravy u had in some dishes. TERRIBLE!

Fifth, the speech volume level of locals. When the locals here are talking, they sounded like they are quarreling or shouting at each other. Only we will turn back and look what’s happening while the locals knew it was just a normal conversation. I was like are they going to fight, what is the content of their fight etc. it is nothing after all.

When one is at a foreign country, u not only misses or wishing for a gathering with your family, friends, loved ones but also the FOOD! My boss introduced us to a Singapore restaurant named Prima Taste. It was the branch well known in Singapore at Harborfront area, near the PSA Tanjong Pagar. Tell u, the food is marvelous! ABSOLUTELY HEAVENLICIOUS!!! All the local delicacies are found in the menu, u name it they have it. We ordered chicken rice, seafood hor fun, ipoh hor fun, mutton & chicken satay, fried kang kong, sotong & prawn otah, beef rendang, bak kuth teh and the best of the best, CHILLI CRAB!!! Yummy!! =D I just can’t resist the temption and charm of the chilli crab. I declare, that day @ prima taste was the most fantastic and homely lunch I had. You will never know what it’s like to miss the food you hardly see or taste on the streets. SHOIK AR! =D

*smacked here @ 11-10-06 wed, 10.00am*


3 5:38 PM 4
Little Memories Of The Past






~ i ~

plain Melody
loves to FEEL the breeze
without MUSIC, life's a mess

^ speak ^



3 links 4

june
xiaohui
lee jie
geoklan
wendy
nemuiyo

felicia chin
joanne peh
sharon au
elva xiao
jolin cai
rainie yang
wu zun
wang dong chen
xiao gui
show luo zhi xiang

show*gallery
100% E'tainment
stage hyaline
CCT fashion
Shoplah

= credits =

Designer : purplekisses-
Helped On The Fonts[Pic] & Some PS brushes :Agnes
Brushes: Dafont ; Moargh.
Image: Deviantart - vainas , Shanezory [: